Saturday, November 1, 2008

An awkward turtle for you...

Ok, remind me why I put so much effort into not being awkward...I still up end making a fool of myself anyway?

This is might seem a bit of a surprise to you, but I am not very good with the ladies. In fact, I am pretty horrible at deciphering and interacting with the opposite sex so much, that I am pretty sure people are starting to think I am gay. (No offense to gay people, I like them very much...when you're not sitting next to me on a subway)

So whyyyyy is this so? Why do girls make it so much harder to hold a conversation with and why do I continually fall victim to that?

Take for example, something that happened to me a couple weeks ago..

I was studying for an exam, and I realized that this girl I kinda sorta liked (not really but she was cute) and that I've known for a while was sitting next to me. Now obviously, I didn't want to say hi because I didn't want to seem like a bother and we were in the library to boot. (Btw, you know how you start acting really weird and strange when a person you sorta like is near you in proximity...like you start thinking of different scenarios in your head in which you could either A. start up an interesting convo or B. try to avoid any contact whatsoever and hope he/she goes away soon....No? Ok, maybe it's just me then...sigh)

Anyway, I was done studying for the night and got up to go...and she recognized me and said hi. I noticed she was on her way out too....Great.

So this is how our convo went as were walking out of the lbrary:

Her: "Were you sitting next to me? I wasn't sure."
Me: "Yeah, I think I was..."
Her: "Oh, so you saw me? Why didn't you say hi earlier?"
Me: "Oh.. well...I mean...I thought......I'm not sure...."(chuckles really lamely)
Her: (sees another friend) "Oh hey!" (goes away)

...Yep. I hate opposite gender encounters. It's like trying to think of something so hard to say...and that it really starts to wrack your brain. And btw, I am not blaming girls for this (even though they could be MUCH less confusing from time to time). I am merely commenting at my shortcomings with the ladies and letting you have a laugh at my expense because that's what I do for you guys.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share that and confess that in spite of things I may say from time to time online..I am not good with the ladies AT ALL. So there you have it.

Good day.

7 comments:

liagiba. said...

Aw, you remind me of a friend who is sort of going through the same thing. I think everyone has been to that point where you're not sure on how to make any conversation with the person you like. It's like you have to be yourself, but you know you're just going to say something foolish and that would be the end of it D:

It's okay ducky, you're a cutie awkward turtle :P

I'm sure you'll get over this sort of thing anytime soon :D

Anonymous said...

aww haha. I used to be that way too. Except that the person usually doesn't immediately go away, which makes it more awkward as you try to think up of stuff to say but you can't or think that the thing you're about to say is stupid. Haha. I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

I knew that when I read the comments posted before mine, I'd see that the first word is, "Aww". And I have to say, aww! And believe me, it happens to everyone. I know what you mean when you're near the person you have a thing for, and then you just get so nervous you're not sure what to do and somehow inevitably embarass yourself. Gahh!

All in all, you'll be able to find the girl who doesn't make you so nervous, and is easy to talk to. OR, you'll find the girl who is easy to talk to, but adores your cute nervousness, haha! Really, for some reason it's adorable to us girls. Bahaha. :]

omarachli said...

I understand your pain jeremy, trust me ...
When you do somehing with someone though (like playing a game or something), it's way easier haha.

Murdoc said...

Jeremy not good with the ladies?! Bah hum bug! I think the ladies just aren't good with the Jeremy ;D yea? yea? ...ok no lol
I feel your pain though, and so does every other guy that have the same issues, freaking girls and their confusing ways haha, I agree with Oliver

Anonymous said...

Ewwww. I said ew because I realized I said awww and so did three other people. BUT
Awww Jemmy! Hmm... maybe it would help if you didn't look at them as girls, rather as just another guy friend? xD I'm sure that'll make you more comfortable, yeah?

Good luck!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA. All you gotta do is pretend you have a big ass penis. BAM. Instant confidence. Try it. Thank me later with 5 18 year old asian virgins hand delivered. Thank you and your welcome